Sometimes raindrops are like mini pizzas…
As they fall, they pelt you in the head and wake you up to new possibilities. Okay, weird analogy but it woke you up, right? And that’s precisely how Life is. We go blithely along our merry little way thinking (careful of that word: thinking) that we have it all mapped out, planned out – efficiently. With me? Then, BOOM. Something happens that is so left of what we expected that we’re dumbfounded. All thinking stops. We just have to pause in our forward movement and re-gain our balance because everything we were thinking previously clearly was not what was actually happening. That’s Life.
When you think you know what’s happening, and then you find out that you never had a clue, what do you do? How do you reconcile how off-base you were with reality? That’s the conundrum, isn’t it? It’s hard to face that our perceptions were wholly incorrect, or skewed. But, this is what we need to know to correct ourselves and get us back on track with our true (higher) purpose.
We were all born to live out a great purpose. Now, depending upon what you chose to come here to do, you may start earlier, or later in life on the path to achieve your true purpose. But, when we get so off-track that Higher Power/God/The Creator/your preferred name here comes along and resets the whole show we do have to acknowledge our missteps and put a plan in place to ensure we don’t go that off-track again.
To help us do that, we can:
- Create a vision board to help us remember our goals,
- Write a poem that incorporates all of the aspects of what we need to recall to move forward,
- Write an essay/letter to ourselves,
- Create a life plan (based on the often used coach tool, The Wheel of Life) sectioned off into specific areas of our lives that we need to grow/develop/work on [you can use a loose leaf binder for it, or go digital],
- Create a song to ourselves, for ourselves to help us remember and get through the rough patches where we tend to begin to stray away from our goals,
- Sit and meditate using visualizations we put together to help us deeply seed our minds, and thoughts with the images of what we want to accomplish,
- Sit and do deep breathing to fill our bodies with Chi (Qi)/light/ashe/energy/prana which will help us to remember and hold close our dreams, hopes and goals,
Or, we can choose to do nothing to get past the obstacle, or challenge that Life threw your way. We could choose to ignore the message. We are human. We do have free will. We can choose to take the comfortable way out and be “normal.” (Whatever that means.)
It’s hard to “man up”, or “woman up;” to face our fears unabashed and move towards the unknown. That’s damned hard to do. And, for some of us, at particularly vulnerable times in our lives, it’s pretty impossible – or, so we would like to believe. This is where picking something to do, at least one thing!, is important. This one thing will help us focus and baby-step our way out of the challenge and towards our goals.
Good luck on your baby-stepping today, and every day moving forward.